Simplesim•ple (sim′pəl),USA pronunciation adj., -pler, -plest, n.
- easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.: a simple matter; simple tools.
- not elaborate or artificial;
plain: a simple style.
- not ornate or luxurious;
unadorned: a simple gown.
modest: a simple manner.
- not complicated: a simple design.
- not complex or compound;
- occurring or considered alone;
bare: the simple truth; a simple fact.
- free of deceit or guile;
unconditional: a frank, simple answer.
- common or ordinary: a simple soldier.
- not grand or sophisticated;
unpretentious: a simple way of life.
- humble or lowly: simple folk.
- inconsequential or rudimentary.
- lacking mental acuteness or sense: a simple way of thinking.
- composed of only one substance or element: a simple substance.
- not mixed.
- not divided into parts: a simple leaf; a simple stem.
- not compound: a simple ascidian.
- uncompounded or without overtones;
single: simple tone.
- having only the head without modifying elements included: The simple subject of "The dappled pony gazed over the fence'' is "pony.''Cf. complete (def. 5).
- (of a verb tense) consisting of a main verb with no auxiliaries, as takes (simple present) or stood (simple past) (opposed to compound).
- linear (def. 7).
- (of a lens) having two optical surfaces only.
- an ignorant, foolish, or gullible person.
- something simple, unmixed, or uncompounded.
- simples, cords for controlling the warp threads in forming the shed on draw-looms.
- a person of humble origins;
- an herb or other plant used for medicinal purposes: country simples.
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- the act or an instance of blending or joining, esp. opposite or contrasting elements: a perfect wedding of conservatism and liberalism.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Dressdress (dres),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., dressed or drest, dress•ing.
- an outer garment for women and girls, consisting of bodice and skirt in one piece.
garb: The dress of the 18th century was colorful.
- formal attire.
- a particular form of appearance;
- outer covering, as the plumage of birds.
- of or for a dress or dresses.
- of or for a formal occasion.
- requiring formal dress.
- to put clothing upon.
- to put formal or evening clothes on.
- to trim;
adorn: to dress a store window; to dress a Christmas tree.
- to design clothing for or sell clothes to.
- to comb out and do up (hair).
- to cut up, trim, and remove the skin, feathers, viscera, etc., from (an animal, meat, fowl, or flesh of a fowl) for market or for cooking (often fol. by out when referring to a large animal): We dressed three chickens for the dinner. He dressed out the deer when he got back to camp.
- to prepare (skins, fabrics, timber, stone, ore, etc.) by special processes.
- to apply medication or a dressing to (a wound or sore).
- to make straight;
bring (troops) into line: to dress ranks.
- to make (stone, wood, or other building material) smooth.
- to cultivate (land, fields, etc.).
- [Theat.]to arrange (a stage) by effective placement of properties, scenery, actors, etc.
- to ornament (a vessel) with ensigns, house flags, code flags, etc.: The bark was dressed with masthead flags only.
- to prepare or bait (a fishhook) for use.
- to prepare (bait, esp. an artificial fly) for use.
- to fit (furniture) around and between pages in a chase prior to locking it up.
- to supply with accessories, optional features, etc.: to have one's new car fully dressed.
- to clothe or attire oneself;
put on one's clothes: Wake up and dress, now!
- to put on or wear formal or fancy clothes: to dress for dinner.
- to come into line, as troops.
- to align oneself with the next soldier, marcher, dancer, etc., in line.
- dress down:
- to reprimand;
- to thrash;
- to dress informally or less formally: to dress down for the shipboard luau.
- dress ship:
- to decorate a ship by hoisting lines of flags running its full length.
- [U.S. Navy.]to display the national ensigns at each masthead and a larger ensign on the flagstaff.
- dress up:
- to put on one's best or fanciest clothing;
dress relatively formally: They were dressed up for the Easter parade.
- to dress in costume or in another person's clothes: to dress up in Victorian clothing; to dress up as Marie Antoinette.
- to embellish or disguise, esp. in order to make more appealing or acceptable: to dress up the facts with colorful details.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Shortshort (shôrt),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n., v.
- having little length;
- having little height;
not tall: a short man.
- extending or reaching only a little way: a short path.
- brief in duration;
not extensive in time: a short wait.
- brief or concise, as writing.
- rudely brief;
hurting: short behavior.
- low in amount;
scanty: short rations.
- not reaching a point, mark, target, or the like;
not long enough or far enough.
- below the standard in extent, quantity, duration, etc.: short measure.
- having a scanty or insufficient amount of (often fol. by in or on): He was short in experience.
- being below a necessary or desired level;
lacking: The office is short due to winter colds and flu.
- (of pastry and the like) crisp and flaky;
breaking or crumbling readily from being made with a large proportion of butter or other shortening.
- (of dough) containing a relatively large amount of shortening.
- (of metals) deficient in tenacity;
- (of the head or skull) of less than ordinary length from front to back.
- not possessing at the time of sale commodities or stocks that one sells.
- noting or pertaining to a sale of commodities or stocks that the seller does not possess, depending for profit on a decline in prices.
- lasting a relatively short time: "Bit'' has a shorter vowel-sound than "bid'' or "bead.''
- belonging to a class of sounds considered as usually shorter in duration than another class, as the vowel of but as compared to that of bought, and in many languages serving as a distinctive feature of phonemes, as the a in German Bann in contrast with the ah in Bahn, or the t in Italian fato in contrast with the tt in fatto (opposed to long).
- having the sound of the English vowels in bat, bet, bit, hot, but, and put, historically descended from vowels that were short in duration.
- (of a syllable in quantitative verse) lasting a relatively shorter time than a long syllable.
- (of an alcoholic drink) small: a short drink.
- [Chiefly Brit.](of whiskey) undiluted;
- (of clay) not plastic enough to be modeled.
- [Ropemaking.]hard (def. 39).
- short and sweet:
- pleasantly brief.
- pertinent: We're in a hurry, so make it short and sweet.
- short for, being a shorter form of;
abbreviated to: "Phone'' is short for "telephone.''
- short of:
- less than;
- inadequately supplied with (money, food, etc.).
- without going to the length of;
excluding: Short of murder, there is nothing he wouldn't have tried to get what he wanted.
- make short work of. See work (def. 16).
- abruptly or suddenly: to stop short.
- on the near side of an intended or particular point: The arrow landed short.
- with the hands higher on the handle of the bat than usual: He held the bat short and flied out.
- in a fielding position closer to home plate than usual.
- come or fall short:
- to fail to reach a particular standard.
- to prove insufficient;
be lacking: Her funds fell short, and she had to wire home for help.
- cut short, to end abruptly;
terminate: Her nap was cut short by a loud noise from outside.
- run short, to be in insufficient supply: My patience is running short.
- sell short:
- [Stock Exchange.]to sell stocks or the like without having them in one's actual possession at the time of the sale.
- to disparage or underestimate: Don't sell Tom short; he's really an excellent engineer.
- something that is short.
- that which is deficient or lacking.
- the sum and substance of a matter;
gist (usually prec. by the).
- trousers, knee-length or shorter.
- short pants worn by men as an undergarment.
- knee breeches, formerly worn by men.
- [Finance.]short-term bonds.
- [Mining.]crushed ore failing to pass through a given screen, thus being of a larger given size than a specific grade. Cf. fine (def. 29a).
- remnants, discards, or refuse of various cutting and manufacturing processes.
- a size of garment for men who are shorter than average: He wears a 42 short.
- a garment, as a suit or overcoat, in such a size.
- a shot that strikes or bursts short of the target.
- See short circuit.
- [Pros.]a short sound or syllable.
- [Baseball.]shortstop (def. 1).
- [Motion Pictures.]See short subject.
- [Finance.]See short seller.
- a deficiency or the amount of a deficiency.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a small drink of straight whiskey;
- for short, by way of abbreviation: Her name is Patricia, and she's called Pat for short.
- in short:
- in summary.
- in few words;
in brief: In short, this has been rather a disappointing day.
- to cause a short circuit in.
- to cheat by giving less than is expected or deserved;
- to short-circuit.
Sleevessleeve (slēv),USA pronunciation n., v., sleeved, sleev•ing.
- the part of a garment that covers the arm, varying in form and length but commonly tubular.
- an envelope, usually of paper, for protecting a phonograph record.
- [Mach.]a tubular piece, as of metal, fitting over a rod or the like.
- laugh up or in one's sleeve, to be secretly amused or contemptuous;
laugh inwardly: to laugh up one's sleeve at someone's affectations.
- have something up one's sleeve, to have a secret plan, scheme, opinion, or the like: I could tell by her sly look that she had something up her sleeve.
- to furnish with sleeves.
- [Mach.]to fit with a sleeve;
join or fasten by means of a sleeve.
Lookinglook (lŏŏk),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to turn one's eyes toward something or in some direction in order to see: He looked toward the western horizon and saw the returning planes.
- to glance or gaze in a manner specified: to look questioningly at a person.
- to use one's sight or vision in seeking, searching, examining, watching, etc.: to look through the papers.
- to tend, as in bearing or significance: Conditions look toward war.
- to appear or seem to the eye as specified: to look pale.
- to appear or seem to the mind: The case looks promising.
- to direct attention or consideration: to look at the facts.
- to have an outlook or afford a view: The window looks upon the street.
- to face or front: The house looks to the east.
- to give (someone) a look: He looked me straight in the eye.
- to have an appearance appropriate to or befitting (something): She looked her age.
- to appear to be;
look like: He looked a perfect fool, coming to the party a day late.
- to express or suggest by looks: to look one's annoyance at a person.
- [Archaic.]to bring, put, etc., by looks.
- look after:
- to follow with the eye, as someone or something moving away: She looked after him as he walked toward the train station.
- to pay attention to;
concern oneself with: to look after one's own interests.
- to take care of;
minister to: to look after a child.
- look back, to review past events;
return in thought: When I look back on our school days, it seems as if they were a century ago.
- look daggers, to look at someone with a furious, menacing expression: I could see my partner looking daggers at me.
- look down on or upon, to regard with scorn or disdain;
have contempt for: They look down on all foreigners.
- look down one's nose at, to regard with an overbearing attitude of superiority, disdain, or censure: The more advanced students really looked down their noses at the beginners.
- look for:
- to seek;
search for: Columbus was looking for a shorter route to India when he discovered America.
- to anticipate;
expect: I'll be looking for you at the reception.
- look forward to, to anticipate with eagerness or pleasure: I always look forward to your visits.
- look in:
- Also, look into. to look briefly inside of: Look in the jar and tell me if any cookies are left.
- Also, look in on. to visit (a person, place, etc.) briefly: I'll look in some day next week.
- look into, to inquire into;
examine: The auditors are looking into the records to find the cause of the discrepancy.
- look on or upon:
- to be a spectator;
watch: The crowd looked on at the street brawl.
- to consider;
regard: They look upon gambling as sinful.
- look out:
- to look to the outside, as from a window or a place of observation: From her office window, she could look out over the bustling city.
- to be vigilant or on guard: Look out, there are dangers ahead.
- to afford a view;
face: The room looks out on the garden.
- look out for, to take watchful care of;
be concerned about: He has to look out for his health.
- look over, to examine, esp. briefly: Will you please look over my report before I submit it?
- look sharp:
- to be alert and quick: If you want to get ahead, you must look sharp.
- Also, look slippy. to hurry: You'd better look sharp! It's getting late.
- look to:
- to direct one's glance or gaze to: If you look to your left, you can see the Empire State Building.
- to pay attention to: Look to your own affairs and stay out of mine.
- to direct one's expectations or hopes to: We look to the day when world peace will be a reality.
- to regard with expectation and anticipation: We look to the future and greater advances in science and technology.
- look up:
- to direct the eyes upward;
raise one's glance: The other guests looked up as she entered the room.
- to become better or more prosperous;
improve: Business is looking up.
- to search for, as an item of information, in a reference book or the like: Look up the answer in the encyclopedia.
- to seek out, esp. to visit: to look up an old friend.
- [Naut.](of a sailing ship) to head more nearly in the direction of its destination after a favoring change of wind.
- look up to, to regard with admiration or respect;
esteem: A boy needs a father he can look up to.
- the act of looking: a look of inquiry.
- a visual search or examination.
- the way in which a person or thing appears to the eye or to the mind;
aspect: He has the look of an honest man. The tablecloth has a cheap look.
- an expressive glance: to give someone a sharp look.
- general aspect;
appearance: to like the looks of a place.
- attractive, pleasing appearance.
Hello peoples, this image is about Simple Wedding Dress With Short Sleeves Good Looking #2 Topwedding. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 720 x 960. This image's file size is only 50 KB. If You ought to save It to Your PC, you might Click here. You also also see more attachments by clicking the photo below or see more at this post: Simple Wedding Dress With Short Sleeves.
You have got a lengthy-term want to undertake a critical relationship using a companion? You have to believe to use for the Simple Wedding Dress With Short Sleeves Good Looking #2 Topwedding before you start getting ready to transfer to marriage, naturally. One is actually a need must before you apply will be to select a ring that suits your needs.
Decide the sort Diamonds. In choosing a stone, in this portion the mandatory reliability. It is since diamonds have a number of forms and types. This really is where the portions were really tricky to buy a diamond ring because there are several particulars that must be regarded. If you are uncertain, it is possible to invite acquaintances who have in purchasing a band to apply encounter.
Decide Product and Layout Ring. Picking a ring style contemporary minimalist-style is strongly suggested for individuals who would like to get a gemstone at an affordable price inside the bag. Equate to the common elaborate ring of diamonds round the circumference of the ring. Vintage ring design versions usually have bigger prices in contrast to modern design. Take the appropriate service to purchase a band to recommend to advantage of the per cent installation ability using a bank card in the bank and coordinate your spending income as time goes on!